Flaxseed Benefits for Hair and Skin
Flaxseed is known as Linum Usitatissimum and it comes from the flax plant. We generally find crops of flaxseed in Asia, Africa, and Europe.
In ancient times, the pharaohs used flaxseed in medicine to treat infections and diseases. Also, Flaxseed can be used for the beauty of skin and hair as it’s fully loaded with vitamin B, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, and antioxidants. Let’s discover the main benefits of flaxseed.
- Flaxseed mask tightens and cleanses the skin of impurities and makes it fresh and youthful.
- Treats acne problems and calms red inflammations on facial skin.
- Flaxseed mask nourishes and moisturize dry skin and makes it smooth.
- Prevents hair from falling and makes your hair smooth and brilliant.
- Flaxseed protects the scalp from dehydration, dandruff, and itching
- Flaxseeds are a good source of Omega 3 that helps to boost skin elasticity and treat eczema.
- The antioxidants found in flaxseed are highly concentrated and they protect skin against UV rays and sunburns.
- Exfoliates skin.
I recently discovered the mask of flaxseed for the hair, frankly, this mask changed my hair routine care for the best, and I strongly recommend it to you.
Flaxseed Gel Preparation
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds.
- 1 cup of water.
- In a saucepan put 2 tablespoons of flaxseed and one cup of water over medium heat. Stir gradually until the water boils and you obtain a thick sticky gel.
- Let the gel cool for a few seconds and then pour the flaxseed gel through a strainer.
Flaxseed Mask Gel on Hair
- In a bowl, mix olive oil, and coconut oil with a quantity of flaxseed gel. Apply it to your hair for about 1 hour.
- You can apply flaxseed gel on your skin.
- Do not use flaxseed if you are pregnant or if you have an allergy to the seeds.
- If you have other effective masks with flaxseeds, please share them with us.