The body of the human being doesn’t produce vitamin C on its own or store it, therefore it is highly recommended to eat fruits and vegetables that contain vitamin C or by taking dietary supplements that stimulate the immune system and fight diseases.
Vitamin C has innumerable benefits for our health. Let’s discover together the main benefits of vitamin C.
Top foods that contain vitamin C
- All kinds of citrus fruits
- Red and green peppers
- Turnip, broccoli, spinach, cabbage, and leafy vegetables
- Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and cranberries
- Snow peas
Vitamin C benefits
- Protect from sun rays, and UV rays, and reduce the risk of burns that may cause skin cancer.
- Vitamin C increases the production of collagen which makes the skin smoother and younger.
- Prevent and treat colds and flu.
- Vitamin C increases the production of elastin which helps to treat and protect skin cells.
- Several studies have shown that vitamin C is an antioxidant that protects against diabetes and reduces the risk of developing diabetes.
- Vitamin C increases melanin production that prevents dark spots and treats hyperpigmentation.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of vitamin C are effective in healing wounds.
- Reduce blood pressure in the body and protect blood vessels.
Notice: taking large amounts of vitamin C can cause diarrhea, headache, and stomach pain.
Face mask with vitamin C
- a bowl
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 2 pills of vitamin C
- 1 tbsp of lavender oil
- In a bowl mash 2 pills of vitamin C.
- Add 1 tbsp of honey, and 1 tbsp of lavender oil, and add water gradually until you obtain a soft creme.
- Massage onto the face with circular motions.
- Leave the mask on your face for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water and apply hydrating creme.
- repeat this mask twice a week to obtain better results.