Vaseline Uses and Benefits
Vaseline is a jelly that is made of pure petroleum and mineral oils. It’s also a fatty substance that is used to protect dry skin and one of the components that are used to produce cosmetics such as lipsticks and facial masks.
Vaseline or Petroleum Jelly Uses and benefits for Skin
- Heal cracked feet, elbows, and dry skin areas.
- Prevents dry chapped lips and gives them softness and smoothness.
- To moisturize your skin: put a small amount of petroleum jelly on your facial skin.
- Use it after a bath to get smooth and soften skin like babies.
- After shaving use it to get soothe and supple skin.
- Put petroleum jelly over your perfume points like behind the ear and neck to help your perfume scent stick last longer.
- Exfoliate your body: mix petroleum jelly with sugar or salt and rub your body for 4 minutes before you take your shower.
- It cleans wounds and protects the skin from infections.
- To remove makeup: put some Vaseline on a cotton ball and wipe off the makeup with it.
- Apply it to your eyelashes each night to make your eyelashes grow thick.
- Protects the skin from wrinkles.
- Rub your fingers with petroleum jelly to keep them resilient and shiny.
Vaseline Benefits for Hair
- Moisturizes your hair and makes it shiny.
- Treats Trichorrhexis Nodosa and hair loss.
- Increases the growth and the length of hair if you apply it 2 hours before you take your bath.
- Vaseline hides dry and split ends.
- Removes chewing gum stuck on hair.
- It is preferable to apply Vaseline before you sleep, otherwise, Vaseline will burn your skin if you expose it to the sun.
- Don’t use it on acne, irritated, and oily skin.
- After you use petroleum jelly wash your face with soap or cleansing gel to avoid acne breakouts.