The Negative Effects Of Sleeping With Makeup
Sometimes you enter home completely exhausted and overlooked. All you want to do is to eat and sleep. You want to remove makeup from your skin, but you just ignore it for your laziness. However, falling asleep with your makeup on can cause much damage to your skin and lead to dire consequences.
Despite this, I think we all have been climbing into bed with makeup on due to tiredness or some other reasons. Let’s discover together the awful things that happen when you sleep with makeup on.
1. Eye irritation
- Sleeping in your mascara and eyeliner can cause irritation and the clogging of hair follicles on your eyelids.
- Forgetting to remove your eye makeup leads to the accumulation of bacteria on your eyelashes, redness, and irritation. It can also lead to the spread of bacteria, viruses, and fungal eye infections.
2. Skin problems
- Sleeping with your foundation cream prevents your skin from renewing itself and producing collagen.
- Our skin produces secreted sebum that moisturizes the skin. Sleeping with makeup block the pores from producing sebum and cause larger pores, inflammation, and acne.
- In addition, our skin needs to rest and breathe at night after exposure to the sun and dust to keep our skin rejuvenated and healthy. So, sleeping with makeup causes the skin to lose its youth and vitality.
- Another reason to wash and remove your makeup before bedtime is that heavy makeup products penetrate the skin cells and cause blackheads, whiteheads pills, and pimples.
- Sleeping with makeup can also cause flaky dry skin due to the lack of moisturization and hydration.
3. Premature aging
- When makeup and dirt mix together they produce toxins that fasten the process of aging and leave your skin with fine lines and wrinkles. The skin will trap dirt which can result in collagen degradation and dull skin.