Strawberry Jam Cookies
Today’s recipe is about strawberry jam cookies, I hope you will like it, folks.
Ingredients to prepare strawberry jam cookies
- 6 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 packs of baking powder (10 grams)
- Plain flour, sifted
- a pinch of salt
- Strawberry jam ( to decorate cookies)
- Preheat oven to 280 c°.
- In a mixing bowl beat eggs with a pinch of salt with an electric mixer on a medium-high speed until light and fluffy about 3 minutes, add sugar, lemon zest, and oil and beat again.
- Add flour and the baking powder and mix again until you obtain a soft sticky dough (don’t add extra flour because your dough is sticky).
- form small balls with dough of about 35 grams and arrange them on a prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten balls slightly with a plug bottle leaving an indentation on the center.
- Bake cookies for 5 minutes and then remove the baking sheet from the oven and define the indentation of the center again with a bottle plug and bake again until cookies are ready.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on the cookies and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes.
- Spoon the strawberry jam into the indents in the center of the cookies, and serve when ready.