Sable cookie is a French recipe called (Sablé). They are homemade stuffed with jam and decorated with chocolate. Let’s see how to prepare this step by step.
- 250 of butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 coffee spoon of baking powder
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 powdered sugar
In a large bowl, put 250 grams of butter with 1/2 cup of oil mix the butter with blender for 4 minutes, and then add 1/2 powdered sugar until light and fluffy and the mixture turns to creamy. Add one coffee of baking soda and flour gradually until the dough holds together.
Note: don’t over mix the dough with your hands too much.
the following pictures will clarify everything:
- Put the dough on a baking paper so that it won’t stick on the work surface, use a paper film on the top and roll out the dough about 4 mm thick.
- Cut the dough into any shape you want.
- bake sable cookies in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes don’t let them become brown, the sable cookies should stay in their white color but well cooked.
- apricot jam
- strawberry jam
- Put apricot jam on all cookies and paste them together.
- Fill the middle center of the round cookies with strawberry jam, and decorate the heart sable cookies with chocolate.