Rosemary Oil Benefits for Skin and Hair
Rosemary or Rosmarinus officinalis is a member of the mint family that is used over centuries and has so many uses in cooking, medicine, and beauty products.
1. Skin benefits of rosemary essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil treats acne, and dark spots, and gets rid of oily skin.
- It is rich in antioxidants and vitamins that renew skin cells and reduce signs of aging, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- In addition, rosemary essential oil has antimicrobial and antiseptic qualities that make it beneficial to treat eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, and oily skin.
- Hydrates dry skin and get rid of freckles.
- Rosemary oil contains calcium, vitamin B 6, and iron that make skin flexible, soft, and fresh.
- It is an anti-inflammatory for the skin and treats burns.
- Reduce dark circles under the eyes.
- Improve blood circulation and get rid of cellulite.
- Treat dry and cracked feet
Mix 2 tablespoons of rosemary oil, 3 tablespoons of bicarbonate, and 3 cups of warm water.
Put on your feet for 15 minutes, when you finish, hydrate your feet with rosemary oil.
- Deodorant for armpits: put rosemary oil in a cotton ball and wipe your armpits with it.
2. Rosemary oil benefits for hair
- Rosmarinic acid in rosemary oil help in cleaning the bacteria and germs on the scalp.
- Do you suffer from a hair fall problem? Don’t waste your time looking for the best treatment, rosemary essential oil will help you get rid of hair loss and stimulate hair growth.
Put 5 drops of rosemary oil on the scalp. Massage with your fingers for 2 minutes before showering.
- Moreover, rosemary oil nourishes and moisturizes the scalp to get rid of dryness.
- Use rosemary oil along with your regular shampoo by adding a few drops of rosemary oil to your shampoo and rinsing the scalp with it.
- If you have hints of grey hair rosemary oil help darkens the hair without using chemicals that can damage your hair.
caution: if you are pregnant don’t use rosemary essential oil because it can cause menstrual flow and abortion.