6 Uses and Benefits of Orange Essential Oil
Orange oil is one of the most popular essential oils with a sweet citrusy uplifting aroma. It is extracted by a cold-pressed method from the fruit peel. Orange essential oil is packed with vitamin C and antioxidants and it is high in Limonene with 94% and other volatile and non-volatile compounds.
Orange oil has versatile uses and benefits. Here are the best ways to utilize orange oil in aromatherapy, skincare, and hair care.
Orange oil is packed with antioxidants and vitamin C that protect the skin from free radicals and prevent the signs of ageing. Its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties help to treat acne and skin infections as well. It also boosts blood flow to the skin, increasing its glow and clarity.
How to use orange oil on the skin?
- Add a few drops of orange oil to your skin lotions and moisturizers.
- Mix orange oil with another carrier oil of your choice and apply it to your skin.
2. To promote healthy hair
The natural antioxidants and vitamin C in orange oil can promote healthy hair growth and moisturize it. Orange oil is also rich in antiseptic properties that prevent dandruff flakes and treat irritated scalp.
How to use orange oil on hair?
- To treat dandruff, mix 3 drops of orange oil, and 2 drops of eucalyptus oil with a carrier oil and massage your hair with circular motions.
- To treat hair fall and boost hair growth, mix a few drops of orange oil, vegetable oil, almond oil, and castor oil. Stir all the ingredients together and apply the mixture to your hair.
- Dry hair: Put a few drops of orange oil with your shampoo and conditioner.
Orange oil is regarded as one of the most effective oils in aromatherapy due to its uplifting citrusy sweet scent. It blends well with other essential oils like neroli essential oil, sandalwood oil, and lemon essential oil. Furthermore, using orange oil in aromatherapy by massaging the body is going to balance hormones and treat depression. It can also ease stress and anxiety and relieve pain as well.
The sedative effect in orange oil makes it a good diffuser to use at home or workplaces to uplift the atmosphere and freshen the air. Therefore, diffusing orange oil is going to calm the nervous system and help you sleep well.
5. Orange essential oil for cleaning
Orange oil has antimicrobial properties that make it a perfect oil to cleanse and purify surfaces like ceramics, cutting boards, and kitchen utensils. It’s also free from chemical products that help with seasonal allergies.
To include orange oil in your daily cleaning routine you need:
- A spray bottle
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 cup of white vinegar or ACV
- 30 drops of orange essential oil
- Pour the ingredients into a spray bottle and shake to combine.
6. Cold and flu
Orange oil aids in treating cold and flu because it’s rich in vitamin C and anti-inflammatory properties that help ease the symptoms of cold and flu.
How to use it?
- Diffuse to clean the air and bacteria.
- Put a few drops in a handkerchief and inhale.
- Dilute 1 drop of orange oil with a cup of water and 1 teaspoon of honey and drink.
- Swallowing orange essential oil can lead to severe side effects.
- It’s not recommended for pregnant women.
- Keep orange oil out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid using the oil on your eyes.
- Test the oil on your hand before use on the skin to avoid skin irritation.