Lemon Oil Benefits for Health and Beauty
Lemon oil is extracted by steam distillation from lemon peels. It contains vitamins and minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, iron, potassium, and acids. Therefore Alpha-Pinene, Beta Pinene, and Limonene are the main compounds of lemon essential oil.
In this article, we will discover together the miracle benefits of lemon oil on health and beauty.
1. Lemon oil health benefits
- Lemon oil helps you relax and calm the nervous system, getting rid of tension, stress, insomnia, and anxiety.
- Reduce the deposits of cholesterol in blood vessels.
- Reinforce the health of gum and stop bleeding blood vessels.
- If you’re feeling so nauseous inhale lemon oil to reduce nausea and retching.
- Treat indigestion, stomach cramps, and acidity and expel gases.
- It is a natural antiseptic to clean wounds and prevent bacteria and infections.
- Increase appetite and stimulate the secretion of digestive juices in the stomach.
2. Hair & skin
- Use lemon oil to get strong, silky, healthy, and shiny hair.
- Get rid of dandruff: mix 2 cups of water with 1 tablespoon of lemon oil in a hair spray bottle and use it twice a week.
- Get rid of greasy hair and help to balance out sebum production: add 5 drops of lemon essential oil to your shampoo.
Rinse your hair by mixing 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar with a few drops of lemon oil in 2 cups water.
- Lemon oil shrinks pores and reduces fatty substances produced by the sebaceous glands.
- Prevents acne pimples and skin infections.
- Helps you get soft and supple skin.
- Whitens your teeth by adding lemon essential oil to salt and coconut oil. Rub your teeth for 2 minutes.
- It treats grain pimples and removes dark spots quickly.
Warning: Don’t expose your skin after using lemon oil, because this will cause your skin to get darker and pale. It is preferable to use it at night.