Lemon has many benefits for health and beauty. It has a good source of vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium.
1. Lemon Benefits for Health
- Lemons can help combat cancer since it contains 22 anti-cancer compounds such as limonene that stop the growth of cancer tumors.
- Lemon is rich in pectin and flavonoid glycosides that stop the division of cancer cells.
- Lemon contains a high proportion of vitamin C thus it stimulates circulation and revitalizes the skin.
- Drinking lemon water or juice can help dissolve kidney stones, gallstones, and calcium deposits as well.
- The vitamin C in lemons contains a high amount of collagen which is essential for skin elasticity and the safety of blood vessels.
- The pectin fiber in lemon is effective to absorb glucose in the body, thus it leads to an increase in the production of insulin.
Also, this helps diabetics to regulate digestion and reduce the risk of high blood glucose.
- Folic acid in lemons is good for the health of pregnant women, and vitamin c is a protein that helps grow the cartilage, tendons, and bones of the baby.
- Increase iron absorption in the body, and reduce fat and cholesterol in blood triglyceride levels.
- Freshens breathe, get rid of tooth pain, and whiten your teeth.
2. Lemon for Beauty
- Vitamin C and Citric acid in lemons are beneficial in maintaining healthy skin, to get rid of acne, grains, and dark spots.
- lemon fights wrinkles, reduces oily secretions, and whitens your skin that is why we use it to treat many skin problems.
Homemade natural facial masks using lemon
- Soak a ball of cotton in lemon juice and rose water .pass it all over your face before you sleep.
In the morning rinse your face with cool water, and repeat this process each night to get rid of acne and dark spots on your face.
- Mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice with 1 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Apply this mixture to your face and neck until it is dry. Rinse with cool water.
This mask will nourish, and hydrate your skin, and make it vivid.
- Body scrub: Get rid of dead skin by combining lemon juice with sugar and rose water use a cotton ball and passed it on to your body.
Facial mask to get rid of wrinkles
1 tbsp of lemon juice + 1 tbsp of honey+ 1 tbsp of sweet almond oil +drop of rose oil.
Combine the ingredients and apply this mask for 30 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
To reduce oily secretions
Mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice with 1 tsp of rose water and 1 tsp of peppermint oil.
Apply this mixture and let it dry. Rinse with cool water.
- If you suffer from acne mix 1 egg white with lemon juice and rose water.
Apply this mixture on your face for 30 minutes .rinse with cool water.
- For smooth healthy and glowing skin mix 1 tbsp of oat with 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of tomato juice.
Apply this mixture for 15 minutes .rinse with cool water.
- Whiten yellow nails: folic acid in lemons enhance the growth of nails, and helps to whiten your nails.
Soak your nails in lemon juice for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water
Notice: people with sensitive skin shouldn’t use lemon on their skin.
3. Lemon Benefits for Hair
Hair is a reflection of our identity, a symbol of femininity and beauty, all women want to have thick long, and beautiful hair. Lemon is an effective natural remedy for hair.
Add one lemon juice (without pulp) to 1 cup of water after shampooing. Rinse your hair with this water wait 3 minutes and rinse your hair again.
Use this remedy twice a week until you get rid of dandruff.
To treat oily scalp
Mix 1 tbsp of white vinegar with 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of rose water.
Massage your scalp with this mixture in circular motions for 10 minutes (use it after shampooing).
To get thick, straight, beautiful, and shiny hair
In a bowl combine 1 tbsp of lemon juice with 1 tbsp of coconut oil, and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Apply this mixture to your hair for 1 hour. Wash your hair with your regular shampooing. Repeat this process each week to obtain better results.
Lemon to lighten your hair
In a spray bottle, squeeze half a lemon with 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and add 1 liter of water.
Spray your hair with this mixture and expose your hair to sunlight for 2 hours. Wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
Repeat this process each week to obtain better results.