How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath Odour
About 25% of people from around the world suffer from bad breath odor that makes them feel uncomfortable and embarrassed while talking to others.
- Poor dental hygiene: not brushing your teeth properly.
- Food: spices, garlic, onion, and acidic beverages. These foods are stuck in your mouth and promote the growth of bacteria if you don’t brush your teeth after each meal.
- Smoking: Smoking causes bad breath and leads to oral cancer.
- Tooth cavities or tooth decay: another cause of bad breath that is caused by saliva, acidic food, and bacteria. You have to treat your tooth cavity to prevent further decay and get rid of bad breath.
- Gum disease or gingivitis is another common cause of bad breath. Gum disease is caused by a build-up of plaque on the teeth, therefore, it creates gaps and pockets that are a trap of bacteria.
- Tonsillitis: people who suffer from high levels of sulfur in their breath suffer from tonsils that are a source of pain and halitosis.
- Diabetes and liver disease: diabetes can lead to a change in the smell of the mouth because of the ketones that accumulate in the blood. High ketone levels lead to halitosis.
- Liver disease can cause bad breath because it is responsible for breaking down fat in the body and extracting harmful substances from the blood.
- Stress: Stress affects the flow of saliva and dries the mouth. Many stressed people neglect dental hygiene which leads to bad breath odor.
Recipes to get rid of bad breath odor
- Cinnamon chewing sticks: cinnamon is well-known for fiber and its anti-microbial properties that prevent bacteria.
- salt and warm water: salt prevents bacteria in the mouth.Mix 1 tsp of salt with 1/2 cup of water. Gargle your mouth with salt and water twice a day.
- Honey and cinnamon: honey is an anti-microbial compound that treats gum and halitosis.Mix 2 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder. Mix well and take 1 tsp of this mixture twice a day.
- Cloves: take about 5 cloves and put them in a cup of hot water. Allow to simmer for 8 hours and drink it.
- Ginger and cinnamon: ginger is an effective cure to eliminate bacteria and bad breath. In a cup mix a few slices of ginger with a stick of cinnamon and add boiling water. Leave to simmer for about 5-10.