Frankincense Gum Benefits and Uses
The word Frankincense is derived from the French term “Franc incense” meaning “high-quality incense”.
In English “Frankincense” /ˈfraŋkɪnsɛns/ also known as Olibanum/ɒˈlɪbənəm/.
In Arabic “اللبان الذكر” (al-lubān) (chewin Luban).
Frankincense gum is obtained from the aromatic resin of the genus Boswellia Carterii or Serrata trees that are commonly grown in some Arab countries such as Yemen, Oman, and North Africa. The best types of Frankincense are Yemeni and Omani.
Boswellia Carterii trees consist of a homogenous mix of about :
70/% resin,25% dum, and 7% of essential oil.
Frankincense has been used for thousands of years by many civilizations for its healing and therapeutic properties.
Frankincense has many medicinal benefits. Let’s discover together its amazing uses that you need to consider if you care about your health.
Frankincense gum benefits
1. Breathing and Oral Health
Frankincense contains antibacterial properties that prevent bad breath and protects against viral and bacterial diseases caused by flu and lung issues.
2. Healthy skin
Frankincense increases collagen production which slows the aging process and regenerates skin cells.
Frankincense has anti-inflammatory properties that keep the skin healthy, smooth, and tight. Moreover, frankincense oil rejuvenates skin cells and gets rid of wrinkles, and fine lines.
frankincense gum or Luban is rich in antioxidants and antiseptic properties that eliminate toxins and relieve anxiety.
Additionally, frankincense treats chronic bronchitis that is caused by viruses, bacteria, colds, and flu.
4. Stomach aches and digestion
- Soak green frankincense in water overnight and drink it when you wake up. It will help you get rid of nausea and relieve stomach gas.
In addition, frankincense essential oil is an effective anti-infection that treats wounds, scratches, burns, and scars.
5. Facial steam
- Firstly, take a pot of boiling water. Secondly, add a few drops of frankincense oil. Thirdly, Cover your face with a towel and breath deeply.
- This process will help your facial skin relax and prepare it for deep cleaning.
6. Whiten teeth
- Mix frankincense oil with baking soda. Brush your teeth with this mixture and rinse with water.