Benefits of Cinnamon for Skin and Hair
Cinnamon Benefits for Skin and Hair
1. Skin Benefits of Cinnamon
Anti-aging skin nutrients
- The production of collagen decreases with age, so cinnamon will help the skin promote the composition of collagen levels and reduce signs of aging.
- Cinnamon is effective for the skin to treat acne scars and pimples. Mix 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon powder with 1 tablespoon of honey. Apply the mask to your face for 30 minutes.
- Note: If you have sensitive skin, test on your hand before you apply the mixture to your face.
- Eczema irritates the skin and leaves dark-colored patches, so apply the honey cinnamon mask (combine a small amount of cinnamon with honey) on the affected areas for 15 minutes each week to obtain better results.
Treatment for Blackheads
- In general, blackheads occur in the T-Zone (forehead, nose, and chin). Mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, 2 drops of lemon oil, and 1 tbsp of honey.
- Apply this mask for minutes and rinse with water.
Cinnamon to exfoliate skin
To remove dead skin cells:
- Mix 4 tablespoons of raw/ brown sugar with 2 tablespoons of cinnamon powder and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Combine all the ingredients together and rub your skin with circular motions. This mask will cleanse and nourish the skin.
Treatment for large pores
- Enlarged pores are the consequence of dehydrated, oily skin, and sleeping without removing makeup.
- Mix 3 drops of cinnamon oil, 3 drops of peppermint oil, and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder. Apply the mask for 20 minutes. Rinse with cool water. Apply rose water after you finish and hydrate your skin.
Soften rough feel
- In a bowl mix one lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, 1 teaspoon of almond oil, 2 tablespoons of cinnamon powder, and 1 tablespoon of natural yogurt.
- Combine all the ingredients together and apply the mixture on your feet for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
- Warning: if you have extremely, sensitive or reactive skin don’t use cinnamon or try it before you use it.
2. Cinnamon powder masks for hair
Cinnamon powder has been used in ancient times for hair treatment.
To lighten your hair
- mix 4 tablespoons of cinnamon powder with tablespoons of hair conditioner and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon oil and 1 tablespoon of hair serum.
- Apply the mask from the top to the bottom, brush your hair, and cover it.
- Duration time:8 hours.
Cinnamon mask for hair growth
- 1 egg.
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
- 1 teaspoon of almond oil.
In a bowl, combine the ingredients together. Apply to hair and leave for 45 minutes. Wash your hair well.
Mask for silky and smooth hair
- In a bowl mash half a banana, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of natural yogurt, and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder. Apply for 2 hours. Wash your hair.